I just found my camera that I thought I lost on this trip to California with my
black pearl sisters.
(minus two)
It was a beautiful time..but I wasted a lot of it in my head,
worried about River, his health and his heart.
I Just couldn't get all the noise out of my mind.
I remember being in the hotel giggling and talking story
with my girls when the phone rang,
tears on the other side,
I went in the bathroom, sat in the tub
cried with him, and promised him the next flight home.
I remember we walked along the pier, there was an evangelist
shouting out praises to the Lord and claiming healing powers.
I watched as a lady from the audience claimed to be plagued with kidney stones,
she came to the stage, the man praised Jesus, and
Bam
She was healed.
(you can see the Miracle healer below)
I have learned a lot about healing this past few years.
I know that true healing comes only in the present moment.
All of the worrying in the world didn't fix River.
I have learned that healing is a choice,
backed by faith.
I have learned that each and every heartache
I have endured, was perfect for me.
Perfect.
Because it brought me to who I am today.
Someone I love dearly,
Just had the earth fall from beneath them.
And fall hard.
I wish I could wisk her away,
put her on a stage with a healing man
and Bam.
Heal her every wound.
But healing isn't quite so simple.
It takes faith in no ordinary man,
but a man who has experienced her grief first hand.
She won't find him on a stage by the beach,
she will find him in her heart,
on her knees.
And he might not take the hurt away.
but
He will make her strong.
He will make her stoic.
He will make her great.
And this I know for sure,
because my little boy with the sad heart
is now running throughout the neighborhood
with his Tom Sawyer Smile
convincing everyone to work for him.
ie: they mow the lawns,
he finds the work:)
And for this and many other miracles in my life
I thank my healer,
my Redeemer.
I love you dear one.
Here are some more pics from my trip last year:
i am so sorry for her heartache. that is truly heartbreaking. i hope that she can be as strong as you are through trials.
ReplyDeletei don't think i have ever told you how much you coming to san diego meant to me. the world!. i know it was so hard with river and i would have never expected you to do it but SO happy you did. even though i didn't get to spend as much time with you guys as i would have liked i knew you were there, together and supporting me! thanks a million!